Sheds have traditionally been storage buildings for outdoor equipment and tools. However, more and more modern homes have begun to utilise them for a different purpose by converting them into she sheds. She sheds can be a useful retreat for ladies where they can practice mindfulness or pursue other passions and hobbies. In this post, we take a look at what exactly she sheds are and what you can use them for.
What is A She Shed?
Most people are familiar with man caves, a term commonly used to refer to a space where guys can retreat to and pursue their hobbies. She sheds are the equivalent of man caves, with the main difference being that they are targeted at ladies. She sheds usually refer to outdoor sheds or spaces where women can pursue their hobbies in.
Finding a quiet corner around the house is sometimes not enough or impossible. Retreating to an area separated from the rest of your home or living space that has privacy, is personalised according to your tastes, and shelters your little passions, can be way better.
A Shed Like No Other
There is no creative limit to how a she shed can be used. This intimate space should reflect the things and activities that the owner of this sanctuary enjoys. Some common uses of she sheds include:
- Art studio: Whether you like painting, collage, knitting, pottery, recycled art, making paper flowers, drawing, or music, you can engage in any activity that releases your creativity in a makeshift art studio.
- Home office: Using your she shed as a home office can help you increase your productivity and improve your work-life balance. By setting up your home office in a she shed, you will have the peace you need to separate your work from your personal life.
- Yoga and meditation: Whenever you want to practice mindfulness, breathe and unwind from the daily stress and struggles, you can balance yourself by creating a yoga-themed she shed.
Shed in Style
When building a she shed, the main structure is not so different from a regular shed. Depending on your budget and needs, you can spend a few hundred dollars for a simple kit or hire professional home builders to construct a shed with the necessary utilities and custom designs.
Here are some ideas for the materials and features used for building and decorating a she shed:
- Material and supplies you might need include wood, metal masonry, bricks, window panes, paint, and insulation.
- Reclaimed materials such as driftwood, recycled bricks, wood sleepers, antique storage units, vintage fabrics, and reconditioned furniture can contribute to a more sustainable house design.
- You can also add modern features like ambient voice-controlled music, an office area for your tablet or laptop, and an energy-saving AC system.
Put the “She” in Shed
The sky’s the limit when it comes to what you can achieve with a she shed. If you want to construct a personalised she shed, get in touch with Australian Heritage Homes today. Our team of custom home builders will work with you to get your she shed up and running in no time.
Image Source: G-Pulse