You see the company name of Australian Heritage Homes and “homes” is probably the first thing that you zone in on. It makes sense, we got into the business because we’re passionate about your homes, current and future, and ensuring that they’re exactly what you want them to be. But, some may misconstrue that a home is just a structure. In fact, it’s far more than that. It’s everything within the perimeter of your fence… and that means your landscaping.
Landscaping can be tricky, depending on the footprint of your property. It goes both ways. You may think that you will have far fewer challenges if you have a large plot of land, but that’s rarely the case. On the flip side, you may think that just because the plot of land that you’re living on is smaller, that planning will be easier. Either way, you’re probably slightly incorrect. Luckily, when you work with us, we’ll ensure that all of these false thoughts are put to shame. AND, bonus – we’ll provide the best advice to ensure that you maximize your landscaping, no matter what size of land you’re working with. Read on for more information:
Small plot of land: Good for you! You’re supporting Marie Kondo’s philosophy of appreciating the big things in life and appreciating what’s important. Minimalism has been a big movement and for good reason. That being said, we’re guessing that if you’re packing in what means the most to you, you probably don’t have a tonne of space for landscaping. So, here are our tips:
- Use levels. We live in an area with so many different vistas and there is no better way to accentuate these than to take advantage of items like retaining walls, so that you maximize your outdoor living spaces.
- Skip a fence. They’re great for security and for home value, but they also take up space. There are great alternatives, like creative plants to provide a perimeter to your property.
- Look at your side yard. It’s an understated area of your property, but it’s a great place to leverage your green thumb. You won’t hang out in it, so why not make it as beautiful as possible?
Now, it’s time for big yards:
- Think about a deck, veranda, or patio. It’s the easiest and most cost-effective use of space and will provide you years of memories.
- Install an artificial grass lawn. They’re just as beautiful and much lower maintenance, which is great if you’re looking at a much larger portion on your property. Bonus? They last even longer than you think!
- Look at the areas that get the most sun and plan accordingly. Shady areas are fantastic and areas of full sun are fantastic – both for different reasons, but both with completely different needs. Do your homework in advance, so that you can purchase the right equipment and accessories and afford home and family the best ways to enjoy every piece of your backyard.
Questions? We can’t wait to hear from you!